WHAT IS INTEGRATIVE REFLEXOLOGY®?
• Integrative Reflexology® is a foot, hand and ear reflexology that is a modality of massage and bodywork therapies.
• The Integrative Reflexology® method is also a whole-hand technique that is easier for the therapists to give and more enjoyable for the client.
• Your certified Integrative Reflexologist® is trained in understanding your foot's structure and the importance it plays in your alignment.
• Your Certified Integrative Reflexologist® works with the meridians as energy pathways that begin and end in your fingers and toes.
• Your Certified Integrative Reflexologist® will open the zone pathways for better circulation.
• Your Certified Integrative Reflexologist® will stimulate the proprioceptors on the bottom of your feet to increase the stimulation of the nerve endings, giving a calming effect to your whole body.
WHO SHOULD RECEIVE AN INTEGRATIVE REFLEXOLOGY® SESSION?
Babies can receive a reflexology treatment that focuses on points for colic, sinus congestion, constipation, and relaxation.
Children will also benefit from stimulation on their feet. It will increase their immune function. They will benefit with ease of digestion. Even ADD (attention deficit disorder) has been reduced.
Adults benefit when they have a stressful lifestyle (stress is the number one reason to receive this). Reflexology increases deep relaxation and deep breathing.
Pregnant Women often hear that they cannot receive a foot massage or reflexology because it could put them into early labor. A trained therapist knows where they may work and the points to avoid. The points for hips, spine, sinuses, digestion all bring welcome relief from common pregnancy induced discomforts.
The Chronically Ill will receive both pain relief from a session, as well as digestive support.
Elders love reflexology, because they are often not touched enough, and they do not have to get undressed. The reflexology session will increase their circulation and give a sense of deep relaxation.
Cancer patients will benefit due to the increase in their immune function by the reflexology session. It may offset the nausea that may accompany their treatments. The endorphin response will help alleviate pain.
Those suffering with Autoimmune disorders, will benefit by the increased immune function and pain relief.
The Terminally Ill will respond to reflexology in profound ways. It will ease their anxiety, and assist in breathing. It supports the functioning of the organs, and of the digestive system and the kidneys.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A SESSION?
Each Certified Reflexologist will create their own unique approach in giving a therapeutic reflexology session. Your session may include:
• A therapeutic foot soak. The 5 minute foot soak may have essential oils, herbs, rocks, even lemons.
• The use of hydrating foot cream.
• Whole hand strokes, to release tension and increase circulation.
• Specific point stimulation of reflex points and areas.
• Foot and Toe stretches.
• Sessions generally are performed on a massage table, or in a relaxation reclining chair.
• Generally the entire session, with the foot soak, will take 60 minutes.
BENEFITS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE FROM AN INTEGRATIVE REFLEXOLOGY SESSION.
• A deeply relaxing and therapeutic response.
• Increased digestive response and constipation relief.
• Sinus drainage, even while still in the session.
• Decreased bronchi and lung congestion.
• Uterine reflex stimulation to bring on overdue babies or late menses.
• Uterine reflex stimulation will also relieve some of the symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).
• Reduced muscular tension in the neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, sciatic area, and spine.
• Reduced swelling in the feet and lower limbs.
• Increased lymphatic, nerve, and blood circulation.
• Kidney stones have been reported to pass with the stimulation of the kidney reflexes.
• Many clients report they are as relaxed as if they had a full body massage.
Disclaimer: Integrative Reflexology is not intended to diagnosis or treat conditions that require medical attention. As with any medical concerns by a client about the state of their health, they should consult a medical practitioner.